Thank you to artist Maria Brinkley for nominating me for this award. Please visit her site and enjoy her artwork, photography and tales.
The guidelines for accepting the award are as follows:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Share 11 things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
Okay, here we go.
11 things about me?
1. I love to crochet, but am not a big fan of patterns. I like to go where the breeze takes me.
2. The only paying job I ever had that was not related to the music industry or photography was when I was in junior high. Each Saturday morning, I would walk to the downtown store of a local jeweler, and polish silver. At the end of the day, I had earned a dollar or two, then walked home.
3. I recently began studying harp.
4. I wish my body would allow me to have all the coffee I want. It doesn’t. Ditto for chocolate.
5. I am an organized neat freak, as my family will confirm.
6. My mood determines which instrument I want to play. Piano is when I feel introspective, organ is for when I feel more expansive. And the volume of my music is directly proportionate to the energy/frustration I need to work off.
7. I tear up WAY too easily. A good Hallmark card will do the trick.
8. I won’t travel by plane anymore, but I love trains!
9. Love to cook. Not a big fan of cleaning.
10. Garden gnomes. One can never have too many garden gnomes.
11. The only thing that approaches the joy I get from being with my children is the joy I get from being with my grandchildren.
The 11 Questions that Maria asked me are:
1. What is your earliest memory?
Disturbing a wasp nest and ending up in the emergency room because of the stings.
2. What is your dream job?
I’ve already had several dream jobs fulfilled, but my favorite was a staff writer/arranger for Sheet Music Magazine. I especially enjoy anything to do with writing and teaching.
3. What is your oldest childhood toy that you still own?
I still have many of my baby toys, teddy bears, baby dolls and such.
4. What is your favourite music and why?
If I am playing the music, my favorite songs are those that reflect my mood at that moment. If I am listening to someone else play the music, I want to be impressed by exceptional quality and artistry. Instrumentation and style doesn’t matter too much to me.
5. What is your favourite Public Holiday and why?
Thanksgiving. Partly because we all can work towards being more appreciative of what we have. But also because as a church musician, I usually don’t have extra services to prepare. 🙂
6. Which food do you like best?
7. What was your favourite travel destination? And do you return to the same place or go different places?
My favorite destination is home. I enjoy going and seeing other places and people, but ultimately, I like to be home.
8. What is your least liked housework chore?
Whichever one is on the top of my ‘to do’ list.
9. What movie is special to you and why?
12 Angry Men. What a powerful reminder of how we are so easily influenced by what others say and do. Few people have true boldness of conviction.
10. How do you unwind after a busy day?
I might play organ or piano or harp. I might crochet. Hot tea is usually involved.
11. What is your greatest achievement?
Personally, raising my daughters to be strong, independent, amazing women. Professionally, hearing from people that something I have played, written or taught has made a difference in his/her life.
My questions for my nominees are:
1. If you could live in any place on the earth, where would it be?
2. Which historical person do you wish you could sit and talk with for an hour? Why? (and yes, I count that as one question!)
3. How did one particular teacher influence your life (good or bad)?
4. If you could only have a recording of one song, what would it be?
5. Favorite day of the week, and why?
6. Describe your favorite photograph.
7. Describe your perfect meal.
8. Name something on your bucket list.
9. What one word do you think describes you best?
10. What one word would your family say describes you best?
11. Are you glad there are only 11 questions? 🙂
My 11 nominees for the Liebster Award are –
Please take a look at all these blogs and enjoy! Congratulations to my 11 nominees.